! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

cooling problem - Page 1/1

Subject: cooling problem
Replies: 6 Views: 3117

manszar 8.07.14 - 11:37am
burst a couple of pipes not at the same time over a 2 month period, and now my radiator has sprung a leak. looks like the side of the radiator is popped open a little. I need to replace the radiator but is there something known to you guys that causes this type of thing? should I replace my water pump as well? * +

andkentx 10.07.14 - 01:35am
bad luck or head gasket fault pressurising system * +

mok214 10.07.14 - 05:30pm
It could be a few diffrerent things. The worst case scenario would involve having to buy a new engine because the current one is too damaged to rebuild. Blink3.gif * +

thesayan 10.07.14 - 08:07pm
get your head gasket checked they can do a chemical test that shows if there is oil present in your cooling system sounds like the car has a leak at a water port and the engine is pushing extra pressure into the cooling system * +

tekt0nix 11.07.14 - 06:42am
could just be a worn cooling system. I went through a radiator hose phase, all it was was fked hoses * +

manszar 3.08.14 - 01:07pm

@ tekt0nix - 11.07.14 - 06:42am
could just be a worn cooling system. I went through a radiator hose phase, all it was was fked hoses

Im starting to think that too. You would think the radiator cap would release any excess pressure. But I put the radiator in and it seems to be going fine. Touch wood. Thanks to all that replied. * +

pryerlee 9.09.14 - 03:11pm
depends on the colour of the car *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Cars&Motor Sports Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search