! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

new age engine Tech - Page 1/3

Subject: new age engine Tech
Replies: 19 Views: 4565
> »
kabir88 25.09.12 - 05:00am
Okay so my dads car has the awesome(so I thought) 1.4 TSI engine on his car. 60000km later -poof , engine failure. VW-sa replace the whole unit with a completely new one. So is our new tech in engines and motoring leaning towards becomming hyper efficient,ultra complicated and fragile ? I mean my mazda 323's 1300 engine is going strong and so are my scooby's n fords engines rock solid. But this TSI- EISHness * +

abott 25.09.12 - 06:59am
maybe it was aspecific fault on that engine, it happens. * +

kabir88 25.09.12 - 12:09pm
yep a problem they're aware off on that engine....still i wonder about tech of nowdays. * +

thesayan 25.09.12 - 07:31pm
i agree kabir88 everything is getting to complicated the smallest thing go's wrong and your whole engine is gone. Never buy a Saab man too complicated for its own good * +

kabir88 26.09.12 - 11:36am
i'm all for electronics (thats my job) but things still need to be mechanically robust. the boxer engine is exactly that, the tsi NOT so...both have fancyness in the form of modern electronics. * +

freakman 26.09.12 - 04:18pm
Own a 3.2 FSI v6 and tis good. But if u dont drain ur oil regularly well before recommended intervals with good quality oil such things happen. Whats main issue is to reduce the block size and improve efficiency engine compression ratio is set very high. * +

freakman 26.09.12 - 04:24pm
Plus city traffic driving reduces oil life so if recommended interval is 10k or so it would be better to drain oil evry 7k or so for better engine life. * +

spartan2 26.09.12 - 04:25pm
More parts mean more potential failures but if you want better economy then this is the price you pay. If the environment or the amount of oil we have left didnt matter then everyone can just drive around in V8s. Modern engines are incredibly robust in the main and vastly more reliable and durable than anything built even just 20 years ago * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Cars&Motor Sports Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search