! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Death of the n/a M - Page 1/1

Subject: Death of the n/a M
Replies: 7 Views: 1306

arnez.gp 31.08.11 - 01:01am
Seems BMW has decided to take a new route when it comes to making the mighty M's now. Emission laws have killed off the big high reving n/a motors that we have all grown to love. Whats your take on this? * +

blueoval 31.08.11 - 04:43am
Keepin up in todays hectic competitive motor industry, nd doin that d n/a way is like swimming upstream in a strong river.. Forced induction can b seen in every manufacturer now, even normal daily driving cars gets boosted. It allows technology to produce a smaller space n fuel effient engines stil capable of spitting hi torque etc. Personaly i stil luv n/a tuning bt we hav to admit amongst al d latest developments on engine technology forced induction stil is d most effeciant. * +

blueoval 31.08.11 - 04:50am
And altho im no bmw fan, i believe they know wat they want nd they know wat theyr doin! D 1series M is evidence of gud results theyr gettin nd bmw wil keep on building on that foundation. They already hav a gud advantage opposed to many other manufacturers when it to balance nd handling so yea, i.m.o i think bmw is heading in d rite direction. * +

arnez.gp 31.08.11 - 07:58am
I have no doubt they know exactly what they are doing and I have the atomst respect for the genius minds behind all those new turbo motors they produce because the engines themselves make good power aven befor forced induction is introduced. Thing is the e60 M5 and e9x M3 are the swan song to their N/A era and alot of people arnt happy about this. Oh well life goes on. Lets see if super cars will follow suit * +

blueoval 1.09.11 - 04:22am
Supercars r not subjected to b economical nd 'green' as most saloons r today.. Supercar owner r mostly rich, dnt worry bout how much they hav to pay fo the car, fuel nd emission taxes etc. Supercar manufactures r out to build impractical liteweight constructed bodies n throwing in huge v8's n v10's, thus giving great performance. Bmw produces miricles! They hav to build luxurious, practical nd eco friendly saloons with performance figures close to supercars. * +

schizzo 9.09.11 - 06:20pm
is the M40 motor any good? * +

spartan2 9.09.11 - 06:34pm
Everything will end up forced induction as has been said for efficiency and emissions read a turbo after all is just an energy recovery type device, using otherwise wasted exhaust energy. Previously it was just too expensive to build lots of turbocharged engines, but it isn't anymore. Sad because NA is still ultimate response * +

thesayan 14.09.11 - 01:57am
its sad really any of you driven the V10 M5 really driven it would agree *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Cars&Motor Sports Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search