! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Insurance.. - Page 2/4

Subject: Insurance..
« <> »
newt182 31.07.10 - 05:48pm
No, haven't been driving regularly since 2006. But still, I'm 30, I'm not interested in racing around the streets and I'm definitely more safety concious than when I was in my early 20's. 900 pounds with a 3k excess! shocked lol * +

newt182 31.07.10 - 06:39pm
A lot of people in the UK have a parent as the main driver and them as the 2nd on an insurance policy to lower the costs. The problem is that if you're a lying and just doing it to get cheaper insurance, it is fraud. It's called fronting and if you're caught you can get into a lot of trouble. Plus it can be hard to find a company willing to insure you after and your premium will cost a lot. * +

d4dawg 31.07.10 - 08:15pm
True, but a cheaper way, n not lying, is transfer car to parents name, n u go under a named driver:) yet ur car, or anyone over 25 insurance * +

130lox 1.08.10 - 01:01pm
No because thats still fronting and they will prove you are the main driver. They dont need an excuse not to pay at the best of times. * +

d4dawg 1.08.10 - 03:17pm
True, but they'd have a hard time proving this * +

sucker 2.08.10 - 08:19pm
No they don't because the parents can't provide receipts for fuel, servicing etc. Then usually when an accident happens usually the words my car escape the persons mouth and given in a statement to the police. The insurance companies are doing their upmost to prove fronting and they usually do no probs * +

newt182 2.08.10 - 10:19pm
They even have that Voice Risk an*lysis software when you phone them that's meant to detect changes in your voice, not sure how good it is but when it comes to fraud they're the experts. I wouldn't risk it. The cost of paying for the damage yourself, 6 points or more on your licence for driving without insurance, a nightmare trying to get insured again and paying a very high premium because they think you are likely to commit fraud again. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Cars&Motor Sports Forum
9 Forum Index