! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Sd Card Problem - Page 1/2

Subject: Sd Card Problem
Replies: 9 Views: 2776
> »
tee4mac 20.03.21 - 04:44pm
havin a problem with my sd card. just out of the blue it seems like its now read_only cant delete. cant even move files in it .when deleting a file it just pops right back after few minutes. this is the 2nd sd card to do this to me. what am i doing wrong? * +

3mel 20.03.21 - 08:24pm
you've done nothing wrong, it's just reached the end of it's life.

even top quality cards do it... it's happened to me about 4 times.

at least you can get your data off of there, but the card is done. * +

crail 20.03.21 - 08:41pm
There are ways to fix read only cards with windows and linux. But that's not for me to look into * +

3mel 21.03.21 - 01:47am
I've spent hours running formats on cards that went read only, if they won't format I can't see anything else working. * +

tee4mac 21.03.21 - 06:01am
yeah tried formatting even Windows couldn't finish the format. * +

3mel 21.03.21 - 06:19am
SD cards and even SSD drives have a lifespan after which they will fail. if the same area is written and over written many many times there is wear on that part of the cards memory.

I've had songs become corrupted before and didn't pay much attention to it, in hindsight it should've been a warning sign.

you're supposed to get roughly 10 years of life from a card but if it's always nearly full you'll be wearing out sections quicker according to my skim read search results. * +

crail 21.03.21 - 02:52pm
If you can see it in a pc then you can run a scan and fix on a card. I've done it a few times on my old 32gb card on my n900 that went read only * +

crail 21.03.21 - 02:54pm
But then again it only went read only because I did stupid things like turn it off when I was downloading. If a pc can see it you can fix it * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search