! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Galaxy Note 8 - Page 9/11

Subject: Galaxy Note 8
« <> »
crail 16.02.18 - 04:27pm

@ mikeymk - 16.02.18 - 02:52pm
You can't when talking about features, but you can when talking about functions, if it's the same manufacturer and platform.

And whilst the S6 is dated, and now considered low end, it's the same age as the afore-mentioned HTC I'm pitching it against, that has the features in question. And it wasn't low end at that time, either.

The validity of criticism against the Samsung S6 compared to it's HTC rival isn't under dispute. Having tried both. The question is, does the latest Samsung fail against the latest HTC? Or has the gap closed..?

Don't think anyone here has a latest HTC to tell you. Maybe try some in depth reviews * +

mikeymk 16.02.18 - 04:34pm

@ crail - 16.02.18 - 04:22pm
Just googled. It's power button and home key

Yes this has worked. Maybe I can work a way of doing that without looking like I'm playing Twister. I prefer the soft key but meh, it's no biggy. That's precisely my point though, working out how to do things.
Could be worse, could be a Sony.. * +

crail 16.02.18 - 04:37pm

@ mikeymk - 16.02.18 - 04:27pm
Swipe twice from the top. You've got your grid of soft keys. What do you have? What does the S8 have?

I had screenshot. Not any more.
I had silent mode. Not any more.
I had screen rotate. Not any more.
I had mobile data on/off. Not any more.

On the home screen, I could tap the clock, and that would get me my alarms and stop watch.
Not any more. Now I have to dig out the little clock app soft key to access the clock

Really..?!

No cursors on the keyboard! Don't tell me, that's not Samsung's fault either..?

So is it just this S6 that's retarded, or does the S8 share any of these gems?

Surely it can't be that r*tarded. I have all of these things on the s8. You must be able to change the order of the drop down menu. Hold on it or press in the top right corner or something. I've never used an s6. As for screenshot there it's keys.
There are clock widgets on the phone, or alternatively just put your clock app so on the main screen for access to alarms. That's what I do * +

crail 16.02.18 - 04:41pm

@ mikeymk - 16.02.18 - 04:34pm
Yes this has worked. Maybe I can work a way of doing that without looking like I'm playing Twister. I prefer the soft key but meh, it's no biggy. That's precisely my point though, working out how to do things.
Could be worse, could be a Sony..

It's better than power and volume down. I liked the home key way * +

crail 16.02.18 - 04:42pm
Wait as for cursors on the keyboard. Nope. You just have to poke at the screen and hope for the best. There are keyboards on play store though * +

3mel 16.02.18 - 06:43pm
check out Android Authority YouTube channel, they usually do head to head comparisons between the major flagships once they've all come out for the year. * +

mikeymk 16.02.18 - 07:00pm

@ crail - 16.02.18 - 04:37pm
Surely it can't be that r*tarded. I have all of these things on the s8. You must be able to change the order of the drop down menu. Hold on it or press in the top right corner or something. I've never used an s6. As for screenshot there it's keys.
There are clock widgets on the phone, or alternatively just put your clock app so on the main screen for access to alarms. That's what I do

The clock widget doesn't work.

There are plenty of drop keys to choose from, most are useless.

But it's nice to know the S8 isn't quite so in-Active. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-11
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum