! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Got a update for Note - Page 1/1

Subject: Got a update for Note
Replies: 6 Views: 629

kjbn 12.03.16 - 05:22pm
Received a software update friday for my Note4 but its still only 5.1.1....so where the hell is Marshmellow * +

3mel 12.03.16 - 05:33pm
the note 4 is at the back of the queue for devices that will be getting it... * +

kjbn 12.03.16 - 05:52pm
@3mel I think you might be right mate * +

kjbn 12.03.16 - 06:38pm
Of course I meant to say got an update * +

thug4you 12.03.16 - 11:19pm
it was a system update not a software update * +

polo_011 13.03.16 - 04:59pm
Yep, also got the update. We should get 6.0 in late March or early April.

Take note: Android Marshmallow has not had much of a great reception, the update isn't all that its cracked up to be, every single 6.0 device seems to have average batt. life at best and Doze is only useful when the phone is flat and still for a long period of time.

Another note, chances are Samsung will update the core OS and not the UI, they may throw in new little touches and features, but the TouchWiz UI in general will be mostly the same.

We will get 6.0 but chances are you will ask yourself why you wanted it so much when we get it, best believe that. My advice is don't expect much. The latest 5.1.1 on this phone runs so beautifully, I truly hope 6.0.1 doesn't ruin it, 5.0.1 ruined many phones and I hear 6.0 and 6.0.1 aren't all that great. * +

3mel 13.03.16 - 06:05pm
if you're rooted get xposed and the greenify paid version, you get aggressive doze on screen off which is really good. plus official Samsung touchwiz has a built-in theme store on newer models, I see no reason for you guys not to have it too, so UI changes kinda exist if you want them. the new app opps or app control is way better than privacy guard ever was for simply turning shiit off too...

of course I'm using AOSP custom roms and not touchwiz but to me MM is the best that android has ever been since I've used it... *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search