! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Jumped the fence - Page 4/7

Subject: Jumped the fence
« <> »
oetinger 14.12.14 - 01:11am
Good move. * +

phly_kid 14.12.14 - 05:16pm
Thanks oetinger, Having checked out all sorts of apps i have a few questions. Do the battery apps and the so called cleaning apps really work? or is there one that stands out. Or maybe one that does it all. I have realized i had about 50+ apps. Almost all seem important or useful. Is this normal or are there apps to replace 2 or 3 apps. * +

oetinger 14.12.14 - 05:49pm
They seem to work, however when I had my S3, I used Battery Doctor. The only problem I found is that it cut off some of my important apps that should be running. It does work though. You can add me on whatsapp on 0843309463 I'll share some apps with you that I know. With my G3 I don't use those apps though Just in case it cuts off my apps like BBM. * +

3mel 14.12.14 - 06:11pm
battery saving apps are all pretty much a waste of time apart from greenify (which requires root) * +

polo_011 14.12.14 - 06:36pm
Battery apps are useless. The S3 has its own Power Save feature in Settings, go to it, click on it and Untick everything except CPU Power Saving and enjoy your phone. Also, check apps like Facebook and Twitter, they are preset to update themselves every hour which is just ridiculous, change those interval settings.

Last tip, go to Settings - Accounts - Google and open up the Sync settings (it will be at the very top), in there you will find EVERYTHING ticked, untick what you don't need e.g. Picasa, Google Newsstand etc.. and keep what you need ticked e.g. Gmail, Contacts and Calender. * +

phly_kid 14.12.14 - 06:44pm
tried battery doctor and looks cool, very informative however my battery drainage started when i installed it amongst other battery apps, but since they all sound like a waste of time i'll avoid them all. Facebook i even removed and as for sync everything is switched off. Think im mastering this phone if i alreday have most of the rcommendations down. Power saving is on but my ram is being used up by a high count of apps. Kind of hard to limit oneself to a few when such choice exists. * +

phly_kid 14.12.14 - 06:47pm
Did come across some apps that can whitelist some apps and not cut em off. An app like advanced task manager. Will add you @oetinger * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index