! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Stolen phone - Page 1/2

Subject: Stolen phone
Replies: 14 Views: 1579
> »
da.playa 8.06.13 - 10:32pm
If ur phone is stolen and ur network blocks it can someone go around the block and get the phone reactivated? And as its imea num dnt change can my network track the phone to catch the thief? * +

3mel 8.06.13 - 10:41pm
your fone will be sold off to a different country I'm afraid. even if it wasn't, no network is going to devote resources to tracking down your fone. without GPS you can only tell which mast it's using unfortunately.. * +

da.playa 9.06.13 - 12:45am
It has gps and its on contract with t.mobile.uk so its legally still belongs to them. * +

recurv11 9.06.13 - 01:08am
Police want 'kill switch' to disable stolen mobiles as phone crime soars Smartphone manufacturers under pressure to create a 'kill switch'Stolen mobiles would be rendered worthlessThefts of phones stolen rockets to rate of 300 a day... * +

recurv11 9.06.13 - 01:10am
At the moment, models such as Apples iPhone which can cost more than 500 are blocked by networks in Britain only when they are reported stolen. This means gangs can still ship them abroad to be reused.Thefts of smartphones and tablet computers are soaring. In London, 111,059 mobile phones were stolen in 2012 a rate of 300 a day. Included in that total were 61,024 iPhones and 22,296 BlackBerrys... * +

recurv11 9.06.13 - 01:14am
Senior figures believe there is a thriving market for stolen phones in africa... * +

recurv11 9.06.13 - 01:16am
Many police forces carry iPads in patrol cars and vans officers can use location apps to catch thieves red-handed with stolen devices. But it is easy for criminals to disable tracking devices by turning the phone off.Many Apple users install software called Find My iPhone, which pinpoints the whereabouts of their handset if lost or stolen. Samsungs popular Galaxy range contains a similar function called Mobile Tracker... * +

da.playa 10.06.13 - 10:23pm
Word from my network is that all they can do is give me the imea num of device to give to the police.can the police track it with the imea num? * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search