! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Galaxy S4 Discussion - Page 3/10

Subject: Galaxy S4 Discussion
« <> »
banbury 28.04.13 - 03:35pm
ive come across no shortage of forums online with british consumers complaining about our S4 only being quad core. one member said: it seems we have got the rough end of the deal in the UK although it maybe true most apps dont even support quad core, one tech site I visited benchmarked our S4 and the octa core version........the result? the octa core handset wipes the floor with the uk S4 in terms of performance. so there is your answer. ive now got the S3 LTE myself, so I dont consider the S4 a big enough jump to warrant upgrading because ours is not octa core. so I will wait for the S5! * +

banbury 28.04.13 - 03:48pm
however I have noticed that some uk tech magazines are still advertising the british S4 as being octa core! which is a bit of a concern. I believe they maybe getting confused with the GPU? either that or they have just assumed the uk version has the same cpu and therefore havnt done their research properly. no doubt carphone warehouse will tell us its octa core too, like they told everyone the i9300 S3 was a 4G phone last year when we all know it wasnt and isnt. hence the release of the i9305 * +

banbury 28.04.13 - 03:51pm
(I had a massive arguement with carphone last year when they continually insisted the i9300 S3 was 4G compatible, I told them it wasnt but they would not listen! I told them to phone samsung and get it from the horses mouth! and its my bet they are now telling customers our S4 is octa core too. wouldnt surprise me at all) * +

azz4eva 28.04.13 - 03:58pm
Dont know what cpw store you visit but where i am thry know the details as the rep comes every week giving them updates. yes its a shame about quad core. im going to wait until they bring an octacore. congrats polo * +

3mel 28.04.13 - 04:53pm
surely you could have bought online polo and found it cheaper, that is a lot of money for any fone.. * +

polo_011 28.04.13 - 05:29pm
Banbury, the GS3 LTE is a powerhouse anyway, when my GS3 broke I thought I may get the LTE or a Note2 but then I discovered GS4 was nearby so I went for S4, luckily we got the Octa Core here. Thanks Azz! Mel, the online stores here were charging around R11000 (1000gbp) for a 16GB, saw a few selling via Gumtree at those sort of prices. I would've had to import it to pay less, and I certainly wasnt going to let the national Post Office of SA handle the delivery of a 500gbp package. * +

banbury 28.04.13 - 06:25pm
yes our S3 LTE has 2gb ram and quad core, but am I right in thinking your S3 is only dual core ? it seems we gained with the S3 where as you gained where the S4 is concerned. our S3 is the i9300 or the i9305 for the LTE version * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-10
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index