! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

root and flash - Page 1/3

Subject: root and flash
Replies: 16 Views: 1030
> »
baggy10 19.04.12 - 01:55am
i've had a samsung gs2 for a couple of months now which happens to be my first android phone as well. i've seen a lot of people mention stuff about rooting and flashing their OS or something but no idea what it actually means, anyone able to properly describe it to me? * +

abott 19.04.12 - 05:00am
rooting gives you access to your phones system,files all, allows you to install anything you want with cwm recovery which needs root access to work you can flash/install a rom of your choice.basicly root gives you developer level access to your android phone. * +

abott 19.04.12 - 05:01am
oh,and android rocks! * +

rpd.fire 19.04.12 - 07:08am
handiest thing with rooting is being able to use CWM recovery to back up and restore, also to flash mods. recovery is essential for flash freaks like myself. then you can always roll back if you flash something you don't like. * +

rpd.fire 19.04.12 - 07:08am
handiest thing with rooting is being able to use CWM recovery to back up and restore, also to flash mods. recovery is essential for flash freaks like myself. then you can always roll back if you flash something you don't like. * +

saif7 19.04.12 - 07:47am
agreewhat rpd said * +

baggy10 20.04.12 - 02:41am
so how do custom roms and such work? how much does it affect your phone compared to official firmware? * +

kr1shna 20.04.12 - 07:43am
http://www.xda-developers.com/ * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum