! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Summer Solstice! - Page 2/3

Subject: Summer Solstice!
« <> »
peta 21.06.24 - 05:00am
Id love to go to Stonehenge. One day! * +

peta 21.06.24 - 05:06am

@ shadow27 - 20.06.24 - 10:21pm
It's fu*king freezing down here!!!

lol how cold is it? I bet its like 50f there.. * +

peta 21.06.24 - 05:06am

@ ogdenz - 20.06.24 - 10:42pm
Move to England,400 quid a week in benefits,a free house and lots of sunshine due to global warming!

Sounds horrible. * +

faun 21.06.24 - 03:43pm
Milk'n'beans was all lined up this morning, miles of street furniture from Willen Lake to the train station aligns, here's how Campbell Park looks...

* +

obi_jon 21.06.24 - 04:35pm
The word ''Pagan'' was originally a 4th century Roman catchall term for anyone(except the Jewish) within the Roman empire who hadn't been ''converted'' to Christianity. There was/is no such thing as a Pagan religion, there were multiple totally seperate religions, deities and/or belief systems that were practiced by seperate groups of people in different geographic locations ruled by the Romans, all of which were lumped together as Pagan but nobody was calling themselves a Pagan. Modern day ''Pagans'' are mostly into various sorts of new age imaginary nonsense that has somewhere between very little and absolutely nothing to do with what people believed in centuries ago.

Stonehenge itself dates to at least 3500bc and the site itself was in use for at least a thousand years before the stones themselves were erected but we know virtually nothing about the people who built it and what their beliefs actually werenono.gif. Science has figured out that the stones were lined up with the solstices and progression of the sun but almost everything beyond that is a matter of inference, a great deal of speculation and/or total guessworkdontknow.gif * +

ogdenz 21.06.24 - 06:40pm
A reproduction of Stonehenge (albeit a scaled down version) played a role in a hilarious scene from mock rock doc 'Spinal Tap.
I still laugh my ars* off when i watch that scene. * +

deusexmachina 21.06.24 - 07:30pm
There is a massive old oak in one of the fields that's full of wild flowers. We head down there on an evening with the dogs, some music and food and we have a fire. It's rather lovely. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index