! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Globalists vs nationalists - Page 1/2

Subject: Globalists vs nationalists
Replies: 12 Views: 1085
> »
alvar89 5.02.23 - 02:29pm
What do globalists think about ppl rooting for athletes running under there flag? Is a person rooting for there sportsman a na zi thing to do? Them getting the national hymn and flag when on the top podium all that stuff. Wonder when all this will be targeted and banned chin.gif * +

ogdenz 5.02.23 - 02:46pm
Are patriotism and nationalism different? How so?
It's possible to want your nations team to win a race or win a match without being super patriotic.
I once got threatened for not supporting England in a soccer match..because i'm English.
In truth the other team played much better so i was happy to hear them win. * +

alvar89 5.02.23 - 02:57pm
Would say they are the same but a bit of a different angle. One residing more towards a military defense other for politics and competition with others. Dont see them as a bad thing when its not in the extreme.

I dont think ppl should be intimidated or shamed into loving or supporting there country. Should be a personal choice. I would not want to be a patriot if my government happens to be the bad guy like america or russia stomping on other nations. Much easier rooting for a sports team you are from the same place with than dying for a a**hole king. Ppl used to die for the most useless things in the past. Im all for defending and preserving a nation not expansion. * +

obi_jon 5.02.23 - 05:29pm
Someone once said ''In a civilised society, sports act as a substitute for war.''. * +

deusexmachina 5.02.23 - 05:38pm
Someone talked sh*te. * +

mikeymk 5.02.23 - 09:29pm
I would rather have patriotic neighbours, because it's nicer and safer to live around people with a strong sense of community.
* +

olia 7.05.23 - 08:16pm

@ mikeymk - 5.02.23 - 09:29pm
I would rather have patriotic neighbours, because it's nicer and safer to live around people with a strong sense of community.

naaaaah, if i could choose i'd rather have cosmopolitan neighbours :D patriots are such a pain in the *** )))))) * +

ogdenz 7.05.23 - 09:52pm

@ mikeymk - 5.02.23 - 09:29pm

You don't have to be patriotic to have a strong sense of community.
There's a lot of patriotic folk around here where we live. Most of them are di.keds.
* +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index