! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

The Voice of God - Page 6/7

Subject: The Voice of God
« <> »
greenaura 13.07.15 - 12:45pm

@ ladibud - 13.07.15 - 12:32pm
Ja well let's face it, I have been tellin u for a few years too that u are full of s**t .... Tho in ur case I suspect God's eyes glazes over nd he dozes off while u are still talkin.... Coz u do go on nd on.

sure thing sweetheart. im sure god sings you to sleep every night * +

ladibud 13.07.15 - 12:48pm
don't be silly honeybums ...... he sends the angels to play a lullaby on a harp. * +

xfrankie 13.07.15 - 12:49pm

@ greenaura - 13.07.15 - 11:26am
''or a long time my ancestors had no written word, yet somehow it still reached''

how?

i am aware people do memorise passages in the bible, or whole verses. i am aware muslims, for example, can recite maybe even the whole Koran. so yes, you dont need text, but what happens then, is the human becomes a vessel, everything replies on that person sharing that knowledge.

we are all aware of how violently muslims will protect the holy book, why? it is only material. because they realise gods message can only transcend the generations if we keep the books. again, they memorize the texts because they are aware if the books are destroyed the word of god goes with it.

then all is left is people and their word. so no, you dont need books, but you do need a medium, a vessel, if any of these were destroyed, there would be no voice of god. all these facts point towards a reality where there is no voice of god, only mans desperate attempt to keep an idea that can be lost in one generation, on record, via literature or through verbal communication.

remember, we are a very capable and intelligent species, but not all things can be passed through the generations. we use technology- external things that need to be carried physically from one generation to the next, they need to be preserved or else they will vanish forever. you can remember the holy texts, but remembering information and taking it to your grave will not pass it on to the next generation. a book needs to be stored and looked after in order for it to last long, it needs to be copied and reproduced, or else it will fade, rot way into dust and be lost in time forever. likewise, we developed verbal communication and use it to pass ideas and information on.

if god was external, as we are led to believe, they he wouldnt require us to carry evidence of his existence through the ages in a book. it wouldnt be a requirement to keep his teachings alive through word of mouth.

I get what you're trying to say, but your hypotheticals have a very misleading basis, you've picked the various and supposed notions of God and dumped into one lump sum, then used that build your argument, But its not so, they all vary distinctly albeit many false and Only One True. For example the Bible says man is a vessel, but is not the only way or means for God. so its best you consider this issue on a case by case basis * +

xfrankie 13.07.15 - 12:58pm

@ greenaura - 13.07.15 - 11:26am
if god were external, we wouldnt need to remember him because he would always be there. but the fact we so desperately cling to records, strongly suggests god is an idea that came from the internal, that is, from within the human mind, and in order to keep that idea alive, it needs to be recorded and passed on through teaching.

I always stop fellas here, when considering What God can, should, may do or not do, its best the subject, the person, restricts what they percieve as convienent, and consider in light of what the Object, that is God, says about Himself, His Cans' May and Shoulds' * +

greenaura 13.07.15 - 01:16pm
so you disagree god is an external entity? thats the only assertion i made. the only other scenario is that god is internal, which practically means a figment of the human imagination.

if god is external (as i assume you believe,) that means he is completely independent of human thought or actions. meaning it doesnt matter if humans keep his memory alive in book or verbal form. he is independent of them, so even if people destroyed all the bibles and never uttered his name, he would still be there.

but humans cling desperately to the texts, they obsessively commit the verses to memory and recite them through megaphones publicly in the town centres.

why? * +

xfrankie 13.07.15 - 01:29pm

@ greenaura - 13.07.15 - 01:16pm
so you disagree god is an external entity? thats the only assertion i made. the only other scenario is that god is internal, which practically means a figment of the human imagination.

if god is external (as i assume you believe,) that means he is completely independent of human thought or actions. meaning it doesnt matter if humans keep his memory alive in book or verbal form. he is independent of them, so even if people destroyed all the bibles and never uttered his name, he would still be there.

but humans cling desperately to the texts, they obsessively commit the verses to memory and recite them through megaphones publicly in the town centres.

why?

if we consider your application of external entity, then Yes.. as to your question. . very simply Because He said spread the Word, He said Study My Word.. He Said Keep the Word in your hearts.. * +

xfrankie 13.07.15 - 01:32pm

@ popty - 13.07.15 - 01:13pm
silly their all full of chit, God is non sectarian and doesn't belong to any scientific study or religion what an insult to the creator God ......pft

popty, im asking out of good faith, should we respond to your replies, or you prefer we let you be, coz I honestly don't know which is which * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index