! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

a nativity in a mixed religious school ? - Page 5/7

Subject: a nativity in a mixed religious school ?
« <> »
aroob 24.01.15 - 12:25am
my kids go to a mix religion school and have always been allowed to take part in xmas plays, going to church and other religious buildings....and they know its not what we believe in but thy r happy takin part be it xmas, easter, maypole thing etc etc and once a yr evryone gets to share in a eid party * +

iilmadme 24.01.15 - 01:49am
that sounds nice,aroob * +

mandy74 24.01.15 - 05:18am

@ bobdylan - 8.12.14 - 02:58pm
Read a few schools knocked it on the head . But I'm not sure why , I mean it's a Christmas play about the Jesus in the barn story . Is that not also in the Koran ?
I'm a militant atheist but I'd let Hattie take part , I mean I don't believe in Santa but I let her sit on he's knee ???
Don't believe in giants yet she could be in Jack and the bean stalk if she wanted to .
Besides because I'm a atheist don't make her one , she can believe what ever she likes

They 'claim' that Jesus is part of the quran, i find that rather Insulting! * +

kristy59 24.01.15 - 10:14am
Young children always enjoy being a part of the Christmas Story, regardless of their religion, whether they play one of the main parts or a shepherd or one of the animals. Its the parents who dont like them doing it which is so sad sad * +

smokeyb 25.01.15 - 01:19am
how are we supposed to get multi cultural unless we learn a little of each others faith........ well lets carry on with this voluntary apartheid then .... seems to be working * +

aroob 25.01.15 - 03:09am
well i aint stopped my kids and i enjoy going to watching it every year * +

aroob 25.01.15 - 03:12am
majority of what is being taught at schools is about christianity.....hence ppl aint aware of other religions * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index