! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

VintageComputers - Topics

* VintageComputers > Topics

Subject: Building a new computer
Replies: 26 Views: 1910
1-> 7->>

plzgvhug 19.01.10 - 02:35am
Im going to build a spectacular new Z80 based computer. Features of this machine will include most of the same operating system as my previous mpf1d but with some additional features. I will be running the z80 cpu as fast as i reliably can so maybe 12 to 16 mhz which will be upto 4 or 5 times faster. Im going to add in a voltage controled filter (VCF) and a wave shaper, A low freq oscillator (LFO) and an envelope generator to the design so i can develop and run sound synthersizer applications. *

plzgvhug 19.01.10 - 02:49am
As in the previous design an an*louge to digital converter (ADC) and a digital to an*louge converter (DAC) will be added to allow sampling, processing and playback of audio signals but with much higher sampling rates than i could before. *

plzgvhug 19.01.10 - 03:02am
At the moment i am currently in the process of sourcing and buying parts for the project which is going to take some time. *

plzgvhug 25.02.10 - 01:13am
I now have about 99 percent of all the parts needed to build my new computer. *

plzgvhug 6.04.10 - 08:14am
yes ay i got a few hours of free time to start the build. Im working on the keyboard and LED display board that will be the user interface. It wont be long before its built and then i shall post a photo. *

plzgvhug 16.04.10 - 07:42pm
I have finally finished the new keyboard and have uplo
aded two photos in the files section. *

plzgvhug 25.04.10 - 11:32pm
i have started work on the mainboard and taken a photo
in its early phase of construction. I will add more photos as the build progresses. *

1-> 7->>

* VintageComputers Forum

fav Bookmarks

Search:
topics replies

* VintageComputers (8)

Custom Search